How to Remove Picture Backgrounds on your iPhone with iOS 16
If you’re looking for a solution to remove picture backgrounds on your iPhone, you can now breathe a sigh of relief. With the latest release of Apple’s iOS 16, the system has undergone significant improvements, including the introduction of the image cutout feature. In this article, we will guide you through the process of removing backgrounds from images on your iPhone and iPad after upgrading to iOS 16. Additionally, we’ll explore the exciting possibilities that come with background removal. Let’s dive in!
How to Remove Background from Image in Photos
Once you’ve upgraded your iPhone or iPad to iOS 16, you can utilize the built-in picture background remover in the Photos app to remove backgrounds from your images for free. Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Open the Photos app and select the photo you want to crop and remove the background from.
- Press and hold the part of the picture you wish to keep. iOS 16’s intelligent background eraser will automatically separate your subject from the background.
- Check if the aperture appears to completely enclose the subject of the picture. If it does, the background has been successfully removed. If not, wait for the desired part of the picture to have the background removed.
- Once you’ve removed the background, release your finger. A pop-up window labeled “Copy and Share” will appear, allowing you to share the transparent image with others or copy it to other software for further editing.
How to Remove Background from Picture in Files
In addition to the Photos app, you can also remove backgrounds from images using the Files app on your iPhone. Follow these steps:
- Open the Files app and locate the file you want to transform into a transparent image. Regardless of the image format, iPhone’s background remover tool can quickly cut out the background in just a few seconds.
- Tap and press the file until a pop-up window appears. If your picture is compatible with the background eraser, you’ll find the “Quick Actions” option in the pop-up window, indicated by a magic wand-like tool icon.
- Select “Quick Actions” and choose the “Remove Background” option at the bottom. After a few seconds, your file will have a transparent background.
- Lastly, you can now utilize your file with a transparent background wherever you need it.
How to Remove Background from Image in Safari
Surprisingly, you can even remove backgrounds from images found in Safari using the background removing tool on your iPhone or iPad. This powerful feature allows you to remove backgrounds from images on the web for your utilization. Follow these steps:
- Begin by searching for a photo in Safari. Once you find it, tap and hold the image for a second or two. This will trigger a pop-up window.
- In the pop-up window, locate and select “Copy Subject.” iPhone’s background remover will then automatically separate the subject and background of the image and remove the background.
- You can now paste the background-removed photo into other applications as needed.
How to Remove the Background of a Picture with Background Remover App
If you’re looking for a dedicated app to remove the background of your images, Lazinc’s Background Remover is a great choice. Here’s how it works:
- Download and open the Lazinc app from the App Store.
- Import the picture you want to edit into the app.
- Select the “Background Remover” feature from the app’s available editing tools.
- Use the app’s intuitive tools to manually remove the background of your picture.
- Once you’re satisfied with the result, save the image or export it to other applications.
With the introduction of iOS 16, removing backgrounds from images on your iPhone and iPad has become a breeze. Whether you’re using the built-in Photos app, the Files app, Safari, or dedicated editing tools like Lazinc’s Background Remover, you now have multiple options to achieve stunning, transparent images. Upgrade to iOS 16 and start exploring the possibilities today!
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q1: Can I remove the background from multiple images at once in the Photos app with iOS 16?
A: Unfortunately, the current version of the Photos app on iOS 16 does not support batch background removal. You’ll need to remove the background from each image individually.
Q2: Will removing the background from an image affect its quality?
A: When using iOS 16’s background removal feature or dedicated apps like Lazinc’s Background Remover, the quality of the subject in the image remains intact while the background is removed. However, it’s always a good idea to review the results and make any necessary adjustments to ensure the desired quality.
Q3: Can I revert back to the original image after removing the background?
A: Once the background is removed, it is important to note that the process is irreversible within the Photos app. However, if you copied the transparent image to other software for further editing before removing the background, you can revert back to the original image through that software.
Q4: Are there any alternative apps to Lazinc’s Background Remover for removing backgrounds from images?
A: Yes, there are various alternative apps available on the App Store that offer background removal functionality, such as Adobe Photoshop Express, Pixelmator, and Canva.
Q5: Can I remove the background from scanned documents using the background removal tools?
A: While the background removal tools can work with scanned documents, it might not always provide perfect results due to variations in lighting and quality. It’s recommended to review the output and make any necessary adjustments manually.